Meet Your Librarians
Beth McMahon, Library Director
Contact Beth about anything related to library operations, library instruction for classes, or using any of the library's resources. Beth can also help with questions related the Archives, the Writers Reading program, purchasing materials for the library, copyright questions, or the Research Strategies course.
Mary Anderson, Integrated Learning Librarian
Contact Mary for help with your research assignments, library instruction for classes, or using any of the library's resources.
Kyle Winward, Technical Services Librarian
Contact Kyle about any technical problems with library online resources, cataloging and processing status of specific materials, library instruction for your classes, using library research resources, or the library website.
Latasha Baugher, Reference Assistant
Latasha is standing by at the Research Assistance Desk in the library to help with your research questions. No need to make an appointment, just ask!
What Can Geisler Library Do For You?
Get help with your research projects
Find a new book to read
Discover your new favorite author
Find a quiet place to study
Meet your friends to work on a project or study together
Consult with a librarian
Ask a question at the Research Assistance Desk
Get better grades
Learn something new
Welcome to Geisler Library!
This page is a starting point for students who are new to Central College or using the library for the first time. Have a look around and don't forget to come visit us in person too!
For more in-depth assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the library for reference consultation:
|10:00am - noon|
|10:00am - noon|
Library Services for Students
Geisler Library's mission is to support the intellectual and academic growth of the Central College community - especially students! As a Central student, you should be aware of and take advantage of the following library services:
- Reference help: Librarians are available at the Research Assistance Desk throughout the day and evenings 7-10pm to answer your questions, help you use the library's resources, and help you do your best work as a student. No appointment is needed, just come over and see us!
- Research consultations: If you have a big project and would like to set aside some time for more in-depth research help, you can schedule an appointment with Geisler librarians. Appointment scheduling link coming soon!
- Interlibrary Loan: This service allows you to borrow materials from almost any academic/university library in the U.S. If you hear about a book that we don't have or discover an article but you can't get the full text, Come talk to us or just fill out an ILL Request Form.
- Study rooms: Individual and group study rooms are available on the Library' s 3rd floor. These are first-come, first-served, no reservations needed.
- Media Center: The Media Center is now in Geisler Library. The Media Center provides everything you need for multi-media projects for class.
- Unlimited Check-Outs: How many books can you borrow at one time? As many as you want! Can you keep them forever? No, overdue fines will be charged for materials that are not returned on time.
Get Connected with Geisler Librarians
Geisler Library 201B