Open Source Software
Open Source Geospatial Foundation - OSGeo This organization seeks to "support and build the highest-quality open source geospatial software". See the links to:
- Web-mapping programs: deegree; geomajas; GeoMoose; GeoServer; Mapbender; MapBuilder; MapFish; MapGuide Open Source; MapServer; OpenLayers
- Desktop Applications: GRASS GIS; Marble; QGIS
- DIVA-GIS This open source software is "particularly useful for mapping and analyzing biodiversity data, such as the distribution of species, or other 'point-distributions'."
- MapWindow GIS Open Source Project An open source GIS software created through the Idaho State University Geospatial Software Lab.
- Spatial Analysis and Decision Assistance (SADA) Software is a GIS software tool for environmental modeling developed in The Institute for Environmental Modeling at the University of Tennessee .