About the Media Center
NOTICE MARCH 1, 2016: The Media Center is in the process of moving to its new location in Geisler Library. Because DVDs and VHS materials are currently stored offsite, please send requests for any DVDs or videos to Debbie Phipps. Please allow one day's notice so that we can retrieve your requested items for you. Please come to the library for assistance with any Media services.
Media Center Office Manager: Debbie Phipps
The Media Center is located on the second floor of Geisler Library. (See campus map for directions.)
Services and Assistance
- Videos and DVDs for student checkout and viewing
- Assistance in creating original video productions for class assignments
- Video recording of campus events
- Video and digital editing
- Color and photo printing
- Student photos for study abroad applications
- DVD, CD, videotape and audiotape duplication
- Spiral binding
- Transparency production
- Web page development, including scanning and digital cameras.
- Other services may be available -- Call us (ext. 5218) to see if we can be of service to you.
Supplies that may be purchased or charged to personal/department accounts
- Blank dvds, cds, video and audio tapes
- Roll paper, poster board
- Alkaline batteries
- Blank transparencies
- Other instructional supplies
The Media Center manages programming for Channel 2 (campus events calendar and announcements).
The Media Center provides A-V equipment for class and academic use by students and faculty. Equipment can be checked out for short periods of time.
Equipment Available for Checkout
- VHS camcorders
- Digital-8 camcorders
- Digital still cameras
- VHS video players
- DVD player
- TV/VCR combos
- CD/tape boomboxes
- Portable cassette recorders/players
- Slide projectors
- Portable overhead projectors
- Opaque projector
- Record players
- Projection screens
Central College faculty, students and staff may submit requests to purchase Audio/Visual materials. Please send requests for DVDs or other materials to be purchased to Beth McMahon, Director of Geisler Library, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Searching for Media in the Library Catalog
Media Collections All are searchable in the library online catalog.
- Audio recordings (CDs, cassettes,)