Library materials and equipment, as well as Reserve materials, are circulated in an equitable fashion. Circulation staff manage their distribution, use and retrieval while providing for their security and preservation.
For assistance with Circulation services, contact the circulation desk, 628-5219.
Effective 1/14/14 Geisler Library will not be accepting book gifts or book donations. This policy will be in effect for the spring 2014 semester and until further notice. There are a number of local organizations that accept book donations. If organizational contact information is needed, please call the circulation desk at 628-5219.
Central College students, faculty, staff and their families use regular Central College ID cards. Pella School District residents, Central College Alumni and Friends should apply for library-issued cards at the circulation desk. The Media Center, Music, Chemistry, Juvenile and Curriculum Libraries have special restrictions. For more information please refer to the Loan Periods and Fines section of this guide.
- ID cards must be presented at checkout.
- In the interest of patron privacy and for legal reasons, the Library will make every effort to keep confidential the identity of patrons who have checked out material.
- Holds may be placed for items currently checked out.
- Patrons should ask for assistance when they cannot locate Library materials which may be on order, in cataloging, misshelved, lost or checked out.
- Media Center, Music, Chemistry, Juvenile and Curriculum Libraries have special circulation restrictions.
- Replacement fees are charged to the borrower for lost or damaged materials or equipment.
- Except for Reserves, all items are due at closing time on the date due.
- For more information about Reserves, please refer to the Course Reserves section.